POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Bowling Pin Surface and Texture : Bowling Pin Surface and Texture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Bowling Pin Surface and Texture
From: Tim Hutcheson
Date: 14 May 1999 21:58:01
Message: <373cc699.0@news.povray.org>
As a newbie to 3D raytracing, I have been using a bowling pin design to
explore sPatch, Moary and PovRay.  I'm satisfied that I understand the
mechanics of using the software but would like to do a more realistic
rendering of the surface of the bowling pin now.  I see lots of
possibilities, of course, but which ones lead to good realism?  I'm thinking
of the color plate in the popular book on Renderman (name of book escapes me
right now) as an example.  This rendering is rather striking (pardon the
pun) as it includes just a tinge of yellow/off-white and numerous dents,
etc.

Has anyone reproduced this image?  I would love to see the sample code.

--
Tim Hutcheson
w4l### [at] bellsouthnet